Saturday, February 21, 2009

I'd Rather Be Belly Dancing

Wish I was out bellydancing tonight. It's a Sat. night. And here I sit on the computer. I may have to start joining Meet-up groups again before I go stir crazy. Meet up used to be free. When they started charging I left. But now, years later I realize I'm not going to meet people with the same interests that I have just wandering around the neighborhood. And meet up is actually cheaper than joining MECDA or some other dance organization again. http://www.meetup.com/ It's not a perfect solution but it does improve the odds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even more expensive but also a good way to meet people is through classes or workshops.

Although I can't speak for it myself, I think people going to haflas tend to mean others

Fayme Zelena Harper said...

Ah yes, I used to go to those when I was a member of Mecda. Great fun.