Friday, August 19, 2011

Two Patterns For One Costume

Today when I went to JoAnn's they had Simplicity patterns 5 for $5. A new belly dancing coat pattern caught my eye.  It's #2159.  The other new pattern 2158 was similar to other skirt patterns I have so I wasn't going to get it. But since I needed to get 5 patterns to get the sale price, and one of my selections wasn't in stock, I got it.

Now that I'm home and on closer inspection I realized the patterns go together. Pattern #2159 just has the coat and 2 hip scarves. The other pattern has the skirt and bra to complete the outfit. It's not typical for a pattern company to split one outfit into two patterns.  I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed if you only get one or the other. See the photo for details.

2 comments:

Traccie said...

I've been wanting to buy that coat pattern. Let us know if you make it and how it turns out!

Fayme Zelena Harper said...

Will do. Thanks for dropping by.