I think it is ever so useful to plan ahead for holiday costuming needs, especially if you do parades or belly grams. And I've found the most useful color of all is red.
Because red works for Christmas, Valentine's Day, and the 4th of July. One of my favorite costuming sites for things like striped stockings or Santa hats is 3wishes. I love their candy cane striped stockings. Make sure you order or make holiday costuming early. You don't want your green veil stuck in customs the day of your big party. Here are some holiday colors you might want to collect.
1. Christmas: red and green or blue and silver
2. Valentine's Day: Red and white
3. Halloween: Orange and black
4. Fourth of July: Red, white, and blue
5. St. Patrick's Day: Green
6. Mardi Gras: Green, purple and gold
7. New Year's Eve: Jewel tones
8. Earth Day: Green and brown
As far as bras and hipbands go, aim for a gold set and a silver set.
If money is no object, it's also nice to have copper or bronze too.