Saturday, January 01, 2011

Costume Inventory

I posted this in my recycling blog and realized it would probably get more use here.

I need to inventory all my belly dance costumes.  Then I can repurpose things into other things.  Like old veils that are too worn to use can be gleaned for fabric to make hair scarves, belly covers, and sleeves.
Belly dancing coins can be cut off and added to new costumes. Broken barrettes can be repaired or the beads and trim can sometimes be re-used.

Bras that no longer fit can get new straps and trim. And any damaged beadwork that can't be fixed can be cut apart and added to hats or turned into appliques.

Sometimes dancers have swap meets and trade their old costumes with other people. Since women gain and lose weight constantly, your rejects may be someone else's best find of the day.

No comments: